Well Hello! I am super excited to be teaming up with some blogger friends in sharing some fun summer pesto dishes! I’m making Roasted Zucchini with Pesto and Parmesan, so yummy! This dish is a very Ketogenic Diet friendly side dish and so easy to make. Plus I looooove pesto anything, especially if its homemade!
Pairing pesto with fresh summer zucchini in this roasted zucchini with pesto and parmesan side dish just screams summer and I have to say, I’m here for it!
The first step in making this delicious side dish is to make the pesto. I make pesto in my little Hamilton Beach food processor that my daughter gave me for Christmas. Using this appliance is so helpful in making this simple recipe. I like to make pesto with roasted garlic, I love the flavor of roasted garlic and it provides a rich nutty flavor to the pesto. I also add both parmesan cheese and Romano cheese, again for the richer flavor they bring. I find making these small changes always ensures a tasty pesto.
Let’s make Pesto!
2 Cups of Fresh Basil Leaves
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Cheese – I use 1/2 Parmesan, 1/2 Grated Romano
3 Cloves of Roasted Garlic
1/3 Pine Nuts
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
First step is to roast the garlic. I follow the steps included in this recipe from Delish.com. I roasted the garlic this weekend and stored it in the refrigerator until I was ready to make the pesto. I love the flavor the roasted garlic gives the pesto so I make sure not to skip this step.
First wash and dry the basil.
Next place everything but the olive oil in a food processor and mix – taking caution not to over mix.
Then slowly add the olive oil to the food processor and mix until well blended.
Now that the pesto is made its time to move onto making the roasted zucchini with pesto and parmesan. These are so delish and when paired with gilled steak it’s the perfect Keto friendly dinner.
Roasted Zucchini with Pesto and Parmesan Recipe:
Roasted Zucchini with Pesto and Parmesan
- 2 Large Zucchini (or 4 small) washed and cut into 1/2" rounds
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend ( I made my own using garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper)
- 1/3 Cup Pesto (see recipe above)
- 1/2 Cup Coarsely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450. Brush large baking sheet with 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Arrange cut zucchini in a single layer on baking sheet. Brush each one with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Roast Zucchini for 10 minutes or until Zucchini is barely starting to soften when you pierce with a fork.
- Remove zucchini form the oven and turn oven to broil with rack 4 inches from heating element. Brush the tops of the zucchini with pesto and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place baking sheet under the broiler and watch carefully as these can burn quickly. Broil until the cheese is melted and is starting to turn brown. 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Click pin below to save this recipe to Pinterest
Thank you for visiting the blog today! Be sure to let me know if you try this recipe! If your interested in more Keto-friendly recipes check out my Best keto friendly tomato soup!