Fontina, Mint and Cantaloupe Pasta Salad
Delicious, fresh, sweet, easy to make pasta salad.
- 1.5 cups packaged dried large bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cantaloupe chunks
- 1 cup fontina cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Poppy seed dressing I use Brianna's
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, then rinse with cold water and drain again.
In a large bowl toss together pasta, cantaloupe and cheese. Pour dressing over pasta mixture tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
When ready to serve if dry, toss in more dressing and add the chopped mint. (I find the mint turns brown if mixed with the salad before chilling it)
- Be sure the pasta has cooled before adding the cheese or the cheese will melt.
- I find it best to add the mint just before serving otherwise the mint turns dark in the refrigerator.
- I keep some poppy seed dressing aside and often add more when getting ready to serve. The pasta tends to soak up the dressing leaving the salad a bit dry.