This salmon was delicious!! I found this Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Dill and Capers recipe from The Roasted Root and just knew it would be yummy! It fits right in with our Keto lifestyle and I loved finding a new way to cook salmon.
We eat salmon at least once a week. Salmon contains high amounts of omega 3 fatty acids and thus very high in good fat content. Salmon also contains potassium, magnesium and contains B-complex Vitamins. And if that isn’t enough reason to eat it frequently, it is also high in protein and low in carbohydrates, a perfect keto choice.
My go to salmon recipe is an oven baked salmon with a coconut amino and ginger paste marinade. But I love ordering pan-seared salmon when out for dinner, I love it cooked that way. This recipe gave me the opportunity to try my hand at pan-searing salmon and with our cast iron skillet it was a snap.
A few things you will love about this recipe:
- It’s low carb and keto friendly.
- I was able to use dill from my seemingly never ending supply of herbs from my two-tiered herb planter.
- It’s a one pan dish – don’t we all love those dishes?
- It was very easy to make.
- Only 2grams of carbs.
- Salmon is high in good fats, low in carbs and high in protein.
- Husband approved!
Side Dishes that Pair well with this Recipe
- Creamy Keto-friendly Brussel Sprouts and Bacon
- Roasted Zucchini with Pesto and Parmesan
- Zucchini Noodles with Parsley Pesto
- Cream – This recipe is made with full fat canned coconut milk. This makes a nice creamy sauce and with the dill, lemon and capers its hard to pick up on the coconut flavor. If you do not have coconut milk you can substitute for heavy cream.
- Oil -The salmon is pan-seared in avocado oil. You may substitute with Olive oil.
- Herbs -I used fresh dill as I have a ton of it! either fresh or dried works well.
- Baking Option -You may bake the salmon and prepare the sauce on the stove top to pour over the fish.
Crispy Skillet Salmon with Lemon Caper Dill Sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon, cut into fillets
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, to taste
- 3 Tbsp capers
- 2 tsp dried dill
- Use a paper towel to pat dry the salmon fillets. Sprinkle with Sea Salt, Dill and paprika.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large Cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. place the fillets flesh side down, pressing them lightly so the entire surface of flesh comes into contact with the pan. Sear, undisturbed, for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Flip Salmon and sear on the other side for 2 – 3 minutes. Flip the salmon again and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet (coconut milk, lemon zest and juice, capers and dill.) Cook until salmon reaches desired done-ness and sauce thicken, about 3 – 4 minutes. Taste the sauce for flavor and add sea salt and/or more lemon to taste.
Pin this recipe!
I hope you give this Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Dill and Capers recipe a try! Thanks for stopping by the blog today!