The fall season is sneaking up on us, and I can already smell the pumpkin spice in the air! Ah, the cozy vibes! And you know what goes perfectly with all things autumn? Dried wheat, my friend! It’s like the unsung hero of fall decor. The best part? It’s natural, neutral, and can rock both formal and rustic styles. Plus, it won’t break the bank! So, buckle up, because I’m about to spill the beans in this, 5 ways to use dried wheat in your fall décor post. Let’s dive right in!
*This post includes affiliate links, for more info on affiliate links visit here
Harvesting Fall Charm: Why Dried Wheat is the Ultimate Decor Essential
Using dried wheat while fall decorating can add a touch of rustic charm and natural beauty to your space. Here are several reasons why you should consider incorporating dried wheat into your autumnal decorations:
- Symbolic Good Vibes: Dried wheat brings all the cozy autumn feels. It’s like a symbol of harvest and abundance, reminding us to be grateful for the good stuff in life. Plus, it just gives off this warm and inviting energy that makes your space feel extra special.
- Nature’s Beauty Inside: Seriously, have you ever seen dried wheat stalks? They’re stunning! The golden color and natural texture add a touch of organic beauty to your fall decor. It’s like bringing a slice of nature’s awesomeness right into your living room.
- Fall Decor That Lasts: Unlike those poor fresh flowers that wither away too soon, dried wheat sticks around for the long haul. It holds its shape and color throughout the whole season, so you can enjoy its charm for weeks on end. Talk about getting your money’s worth!
- Get Your Creative On: Dried wheat is like a DIY dream come true. You can bend it, shape it, and weave it into all sorts of fantastic creations. Wreaths, centerpieces, you name it! It’s your chance to let your inner artist shine and customize your decor to match your unique style.
- Budget-Friendly Brilliance: Who says decorating has to break the bank? Dried wheat is affordable and easy to find. You can snag it from craft stores, farmers’ markets, or even online. Plus, since it lasts so long, you can reuse it year after year. Now that’s a smart investment!
- Nostalgic Vibes: Dried wheat brings back memories of cozy fall traditions and simpler times. It’s like a gentle reminder of childhood pumpkin patches, hayrides, and all those warm family gatherings. The sentimental value alone is worth it.
- Cozy to the Max: There’s just something about dried wheat that screams “cozy fall vibes.” It adds that earthy touch and creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It’s like a big, cozy hug for your home.
- Seamless Seasonal Transition: The cherry on top? These wheat décor beads can be paired beautifully with either a faux pumpkin or a stunning fall-themed flower arrangement, making them the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. But wait, there’s more! They seamlessly transition into winter decor as well. As the Christmas holiday approaches, you can easily elevate the look by adding fragrant evergreen branches, charming pinecones, and shimmering holiday ornaments. It’s the ultimate way to keep that festive spirit going strong throughout the season.
So, go ahead and rock that dried wheat in your fall decor. It’s the perfect way to add a rustic look and a natural element to your space while making it feel cozy as the cooler weather is upon us.
5 Ways to Use Dried Wheat in Your Fall Décor
I. Wheat Bundles on a Place Setting
Wheat takes the stage on this fabulous fall-inspired place setting I put together! It’s all about simplicity and natural beauty. I took a cute little bundle of wheat and gave it a touch of elegance by wrapping it with a lovely ribbon. Easy peasy, right?
Now, onto the table setup! I decided to play with some white dishes to create layers and add a bit of texture to the table. I made sure to choose plates with different edges to keep things interesting. And here’s a fun twist—I used a gold frame as a charger! Talk about thinking outside the box, huh? If you want more creative ideas for using picture frames, check out my post on “8 ways to use picture frames in decor.” Trust me, it’s worth the read!
To add a touch of glam, I included a gold floral napkin, gold flatware, and a beautiful gold-toned bowl. These little details really tie the whole look together and make it feel oh-so-fancy. And that stunning floral arrangement? The flowers and vase are from Gracefully Restored. They really know how to bring the beauty of nature into your space!
Now, let’s talk about those adorable little wheat bundles. They’re a breeze to make! I simply gathered about 10 wheat stems together in a cluster, secured them with twine, and then tied a pretty ribbon around the twine. Voila! One delightful bundle for each place setting is the focal point of this place setting, adding that perfect rustic charm.
II. DIY Frame Floral Wreath
If you’ve been following along, then you know I have a genuine fondness for making wreaths from old, chippy picture frames. It’s like taking something with history and giving it a whole new life. And let me tell you, the possibilities are endless!
So, let’s dive into this frame wreath I created. First things first, I grabbed a small piece of dry floral foam and secured it to the frame using wire. This foam is like a secret weapon that holds everything in place and gives your wreath that perfect shape.
Now, onto the fun part—designing the wreath! I started by adding some faux olive branches for that touch of greenery. It adds natural fall colors and earthy elements to the wreath, making it feel fresh and inviting. Then, I brought in some white hydrangeas and peach button flowers to add a delicate and feminine touch. It’s all about that perfect balance, you know?
To add a bit of flair, I incorporated some ribbon and, of course, dried wheat. The ribbon brings a pop of color and texture, while the wheat adds that cozy fall vibe we all adore. The combination of the white frame and light-toned florals gives the wreath a soft and neutral look—a refreshing take on a fall wreath that stands out from the typical color palette. You can hang this wreath over your fall mantel or on your front door, adding a warm and welcoming touch to your home for all to admire.
So there you have it—a unique and charming wreath created from an old picture frame. It’s the perfect way to add a touch of vintage charm to your fall decor. Get ready to impress your friends and neighbors with your crafty skills and your eye for design. Happy wreath-making!
III. Fall Hutch Styling
When it comes to decorating, my dining room hutch takes the cake. It’s like a blank canvas just waiting for a touch of fall magic! For my latest design, I went for a rustic fall vibe. Picture this: a delightful stack of fresh stalks of wheat gracefully adorning the top. And nestled in and around my collection of white dishes, I scattered some charming mini pumpkins and added a sprinkle of wheat for that extra rustic touch.
But wait, there’s more! On the base of the hutch, I placed a cream-colored sugar mold, and you won’t believe what I did next. I filled each mold with adorable little bundles of wheat. It’s like a symphony of textures and neutral tones coming together in perfect harmony.
What I love most about this fall display is how the wheat and the corn stalks team up to create this captivating neutral palette. It’s like they were made for each other, effortlessly bringing that cozy autumn charm into my dining space. Every time I pass by my hutch, I can’t help but smile at the beauty of it all. Fall has truly found its place in my home.
IV. Wheat Décor Beads
You know those décor beads with tassels on each end? They’re pretty popular, no doubt. But let me share a little secret—I’ve got a twist in mind. Hear me out! While tassels have their charm, I’m all about embracing the unexpected. So, picture this: what if we replaced those tassels with something unique—wheat! Yes, you read that right—wheat décor beads. Isn’t it brilliant?
I’m always on the lookout for fresh ideas, easy DIY projects and this wheat bead concept definitely caught my attention. It’s simple, yet adds that rustic touch that can elevate any decor. So, if you’re like me and enjoy trying something a little different, these wheat décor beads are a fantastic option.
This 5 ways to use dried wheat in your fall décor post would not be complete without these wheat-adorned beads! Give it a go and let your creativity soar. Who knows, you might just start a trend of your own!
V. DIY Hurricane Lantern
I stumbled upon this incredible lantern idea while diving deep into the world of wheat decor posts, and it was all thanks to the ever-inspiring Martha Stewart. Seriously, her creativity knows no bounds! While researching, I also discovered her wheat fringed table runner, and let me tell you, it’s absolutely fabulous for the fall season. Don’t forget to check it out!
Now, let’s talk about this lantern that stole my heart. It left such an impression on me that I couldn’t resist recreating it for one of my Floral Fridays on Instagram. It’s a breeze to make and requires just a few simple items: two glass cylinder vases (one smaller than the other), a lovely natural ribbon, and a bunch of dried wheat. Oh, and let’s not forget our trusty tools—a glue gun and a pair of scissors. That’s all you need!
Once I gathered everything, it was time to get crafty. I simply used the hot glue gun to secure the smaller vase inside the larger one, creating a snug fit. Then, I wrapped the burlap ribbon around the base of the vases, giving it a charming touch. And the pièce de résistance? Adorning the ribbon with a bunch of dried wheat. It adds that rustic and organic flair we all adore.
Once the lantern was complete, all that was left to do was drop a beautiful pillar candle inside and add a few antique fall decorations. Just imagine the cozy glow it provides!
The best part about this fall design? It took mere minutes to put together. I love how simple and yet stunning it turned out to be.
Thanks to Martha Stewart’s inspiration and a sprinkle of my own creativity, these hurricane candle holders became a showstopper. It’s a fantastic way to incorporate wheat into your decor and bring that cozy fall ambiance to any space. Give it a try and let your creativity shine!
Shop this post:
I hope this little post on 5 ways to use dried wheat in your fall decor sparks your creative spirit! Grab yourself a bunch of dried wheat and let the DIY magic unfold. Believe me, it’s incredibly versatile and won’t break the bank, making it the perfect ingredient to infuse your home with that cozy fall vibe.
For more fall decor ideas visit:
Easy Kitchen Island Centerpiece For Fall: Discover the perfect 10-minute easy project to enhance your fall design with a stunning kitchen island centerpiece. Using stacked trays and cake stands, you can effortlessly create a beautiful fall arrangement that exudes the essence of the season. No prior floral design experience is needed for this simple and enjoyable DIY project. So, gather some mini white pumpkins, lambs ears, and raffia, and get ready to elevate your home with this easy and stylish centerpiece that captures the spirit of autumn.
Thank you for stopping by the blog today for this 5 Ways to use Dried Wheat in your Fall Décor post!
Keep creating friends!