Let’s cozy up our space for Valentine’s Day with a personal touch! I recently put together a sweet DIY Heart Wreath, perfect for my living room but just as great for any door. The trick? Hanging it at a slant from an old picture frame. It not only looks adorable but also gives the illusion of a bigger wreath—ideal for filling up larger spaces. I’m a sucker for reusing old frames, and this one turned out to be a lovely addition to my understated Valentine’s decor. Let’s dive into the simple joy of crafting and creating warmth for the season!
Content may contain affiliate links. When you shop the links, we receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my small business.
Why You’ll Love This DIY Valentine’s Day Project
- Handmade Charm: Embrace the quirks and imperfections that make your DIY wreath uniquely yours, adding a touch of charm to your Valentine’s Day decor.
- Anywhere, Anytime: Find the sweet spot for your heart wreath—whether it’s on the front door, in the living room, or tucked away in a cozy corner.
- Crafting on a Budget: Create a stunning piece without breaking the bank, using affordable finds like a Walmart wreath, a thrifted frame, and a cotton ribbon.
- Your Palette, Your Way: Personalize your wreath with faux flowers in your favorite shades, like soft peach and white, adding a natural vibe with small twigs.
- Easy-Breezy Crafting: Enjoy a stress-free crafting session with simple steps that suit any skill level, making DIY a delightful experience.
- Frame the Love: Repurpose an old picture frame to elevate your wreath’s look, giving it a vintage charm perfect for larger spaces.
- Make It Yours: Choose a color theme that speaks to you, letting your wreath reflect your style and personality for that extra special touch.
- Thrifty Treasures: Snag finds from the thrift store, like an old frame, proving that a gorgeous wreath doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
- Share the Love: Inspire others to showcase their creations, building a community of creativity and shared DIY joys.
The Magic of Old Picture Frames
I have a soft spot for old picture frames, and here’s why. These vintage gems, with all their chips and scratches, bring a unique charm to any space. When paired with a heart-shaped wreath, the frame isn’t just a border; it’s pure magic. It elevates the wreath, making it a standout piece, especially in larger spaces like my cozy white living room.
Crafting Essentials: What You’ll Need
Creating this charming DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath is a breeze, thanks to readily available materials. For the wreath base, you can easily find a moss-covered wreath in the shape of a heart at Walmart. As for the color palette, my inspiration was soft peach and white, radiating a sweet and natural vibe. Feel free to choose your faux flowers, but I suggest delicate peach and white blooms. To add a touch of nature, incorporate a few small twigs. Thrift stores are gold mines for unique frames – that’s where I found the perfect one for this project. You can also snag the beautiful cotton ribbon from the link provided. Step-by-step instructions are provided below.
- 1- Moss-covered heart wreath
- Small cluster(s) of your chosen faux flowers and greens
- 1 Roll of ribbon (I used this Ribbon)
- 1 empty picture frame (choose one big enough to fit the heart wreath)
How to Create Your DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath
DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath with Frame
- 1 Hot Glue Gun with Glue sticks
- 1 Pair of scissors
- 1 Cluster Faux flower stems and greens
- 1 piece Moss Covered heart wreath form
- 1 roll Ribbon
- 1 piece Empty picture frame
- Using the pre-heated glue gun, the first step is adding faux florals to the bottom left part of the heart wreath.
- Layer the blooms and greens to build a beautiful cluster by securing each bloom in place with dabs of hot glue.
- If you have larger blooms, place them close to the point of the heart.
- Place the wreath at an angle within the vintage picture frame.
- Secure the wreath by running a piece of the ribbon through the top left arch of the heart, attaching it firmly with a bead of hot glue on the frame.
- Craft a bow using the same charming ribbon. Tie it onto the loop holding the heart, creating a delightful visual accent.
- Take the glue gun and tactfully secure the bow and its tails in place on the frame with a dab of hot glue. The floppy ribbon will gain structure by tacking it to frame, adding a touch of elegance to your creation.
- With everything in place, hang your DIY Valentine's Heart Wreath in your chosen space. Admire the charm you've crafted for a festive touch to your home decor!
Frequently Asked Questions About This DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath with Frame
Absolutely! Choose colors that match your style or existing decor. You can usually find faux flowers at Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree, and craft stores.
You can get the heart-shaped wreath at Walmart or any local craft store. If you cannot find a moss wreath you can make one by buying a styrofoam heart wreath form and gluing moss to it. You can also use a heart-shaped grapevine wreath, burlap wreath, yarn wreath, or try your hand at my cupcake liner turned paper flowers wreath for a fun idea. Think outside of the box there are lots of cute wreaths to choose from.
Thrift stores, antique markets or flea markets are great places to find a unique wreath frame at affordable prices.
Certainly! Pick a ribbon that complements your chosen color palette or theme. If you don’t want to make a neutral wreath consider red ribbon or lace ribbon for a festive look!
While it’s not mandatory, hanging it at a slant adds a delightful touch to the overall look. The heart shape lends itself to being hung at an angle.
No, not at all. I design all my wreaths including this simple wreath on my kitchen island.
For more wreath and Valentine’s Day inspiration visit:
Simple DIY Valentine’s Wreath using Faux Hydrangea: Make this simple heart-shaped wreath using faux hydrangea that starts with a foam wreath form! Hang it casually on your front door or around your living space for an effortlessly charming Valentine’s Day vibe. With easy steps and minimal supplies, this fun craft is a budget-friendly way to usher in the season of love.
How To Make A Wreath From Assorted China Plates: This DIY adventure, fueled by thrifted treasures and a touch of whimsy, unfolds the magic of transforming budget-friendly china into a stunning layered plate wreath. From thrifting for the perfect pieces to overcoming challenges and hanging the finished masterpiece, join me on this crafting escapade to add a personalized touch to your home decor.
Now that your DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath is ready to spread love, the only question is where to display it. In my home, it found a cozy spot in the living room, but the beauty of handmade decor is its versatility. This adorable wreath could easily be placed on your front door for a truly unique Valentine’s display.
I hope you found this, DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath with Frame post helpful! It’s the perfect Valentine’s Day craft and a great way to celebrate the holiday! I’m always here to help, let me know if you have any questions!
Happy Crafting Friends!